On May 2nd, A+ Washington will be hosting a Tele Town-Hall focusing on teacher effectiveness. We know that students who have great teachers often go on to earn more income in their lifetime and that great, effective teachers can help Washington state improve student achievement by improving the quality of instruction in the classroom and help transform an education system where one in four high school students don’t graduate on time. Teachers are giving their all every day, but need the support and flexibility to help students achieve.
Excellent Schools Now and A+ Washington invite you to join the conversation from 12-1 p.m. on May 2 for a Tele-Town Hall with the following experts:
• Jana Carlisle, Executive Director, Partnership for Learning
• Dan Goldhaber, Research Professor, University of Washington’s Center on Reinventing Public Education*
• Dave Powell, Policy Director, Stand for Children Washington
The panel of experts will discuss the importance of high-quality, effective teachers in the A+ Washington plan and teacher supports such as coaching and mentoring and how these approaches will help teachers prepare all students for success in work and life. Here are the details for the call:
- What: A+ Washington Tele- Town Hall: A focus on teacher effectiveness
- When: Wednesday, May 2 from 12-1 p.m.
- Phone number: 888-863-6102
Want to know why you should support the A+ Washington plan? Check out the video testimonials from teachers, students, and parents here!
*Please note that our featured speaker will be sharing his expertise on the topic area; he has not endorsed the A+ Washington plan.