Google has created a new site targeted at educators who want to teach online search strategies. The site, Search Education, is aligned with the Common Core curriculum and refers to the K-12 College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards. Search Education will include lessons ranging from different expertise levels as well as training videos.
Educators can choose to incorporate lessons from the following topics:
- Picking the right search terms
- Understanding search results
- Searching for evidence for research tasks
- Narrowing a search to get the best results
- Evaluating the credibility of sources
Daily search exercises, referred to as A Google A Day, a Lesson Plan Map, and Live Trainings will be included on Search Education.This tool will definitely come in handy for those looking to enhance online research skills of their students, a critical skill for the 21st century.
Read more of the story here.