On May 15th, A+ Washington will be hosting a tele-town hall focusing on flexibility in the classroom. School leaders, families and communities need the freedom and flexibility to meet students’ needs to give them the best opportunity to succeed in school, work and life. Great teachers and school leaders need to be given the flexibility and supports to serve students best and communities and families need new tools to hold schools accountable for their students’ success.
Excellent Schools Now and A+ Washington invite you to join the conversation from 4-5pm on May 15 for a tele-town hall with the following experts:
- Betheny Gross, Senior Research Analyst, University of Washington Bothell’s Center on Reinventing Public Education.*
- Jana Carlisle, Executive Director, Partnership for Learning
- Dave Powell, Policy Director, Stand for Children Washington
The panel of experts will discuss the importance of flexible and transformative approaches to K-12 education in the A+ Washington plan including using lessons learned from quality public school models and exploring high-quality public charter school options.
Here are the details for the call:
- What: A+ Washington Tele- Town Hall : Lessons learned from Louisiana’s Recovery School District
- When: Tuesday, May 15 from 4-5pm
- Phone number: 888-863-6102
Want to know why you should support the A+ Washington plan? Check out the video testimonials from teachers, students, and parents here!
*Please note that our featured speaker will be sharing her expertise on the topic area; she has not endorsed the A+ Washington plan.