The League of Education Voters and LEV Foundation, two non-partisan Washington organizations working to improve public education, are pleased to announce our newest board members.
The League of Education Voters, a 501(c)4 organization, engages in the political process through lobbying; partners with candidates and elected officials who support our vision for students; and sponsors voter statewide initiatives or litigation as a last resort. New board members are:
- Vange Ocasio Hochheimer, Assistant Professor of Economics at Whitworth University
- Betsy Johnson, former Microsoft executive and Bellevue School Board Member
- Bill Shaw, Partner at K&L Gates
LEV Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, provides strategic, accurate, and timely information to citizens, educators, policymakers, and the media; highlights research-driven educational practices that prepare all students to reach their full potential; and advocates for reforms and revenue to implement the research-based practices in Washington. New board members are:
- Former State Rep. Renee Radcliff Sinclair, recently led strategic initiatives for Apple, Inc.
- Larry Wright, Chief Operating Officer, College Success Foundation
More information about all LEV board members can be found at educationvoters.org.