The Washington State Legislature recently submitted a report to the Supreme Court detailing their progress in fully funding basic education as ordered in McCleary v. Washington. In anticipation of this report, both The Olympian and The Seattle Times continued their solid coverage of Washington education by publishing strong editorials on the topic.
- The Olympian: Lawmakers still fail on K-12 funding
- The Seattle Times: Keep pressure on state lawmakers to fund basic education
In addition, The Seattle Times asked lawmakers, the League of Education Voters (LEV), and the Washington Education Association to weigh in on what they think is still needed.
- Reps. Ross Hunter and Chad Magendanz: Buckle up: Levy shake-up needed to fix school funding
- Sen. David Frockt: McCleary: Where is the grand bargain?
- League of Education Voters: Message to state Supreme Court: Be bold on education-funding fix
- Washington Education Association: Legislature did not fully fund high-quality education system
LEV will be focusing on the Supreme Court this summer by profiling each of the nine justices.