Every Washington student deserves a high quality education that prepares them for college, work and life.
Currently, too many children enter Kindergarten unprepared to succeed. Too many young people graduate high school unprepared to enter college or the workforce.
In order to prepare our students for the jobs of the 21st century, our state must implement bold reforms and provide ample, stable, and equitable funding. The reforms to be implemented include:
- Full-day Kindergarten implementation
- Creation of meaningful 24 credit high school diploma
- Continued support for quality professional development for educators and successful implementation of the new teacher and principal evaluation system
- A transparent and effective accountability framework for K-12 investments
- Implementation of the Common Core State Standards and assessments
Full Day Kindergarten: Setting Students Up for Success (March 2013)