Welcome to our Legislative Bill Tracker!
This page tracks education-related bills introduced during the 2023 legislative session, including bills that the League of Education Voters is watching closely. This page is updated frequently. For questions about our bill tracker, please contact us.
- Jump to “Bills that League of Education Voters is watching closely”
- Jump to “House Bills”
- Jump to “Senate Bills”
Cut-Off Dates 2023:
Feb. 17: Bills must pass policy committee (in their chamber of origin) Feb. 24: Bills must pass fiscal committee (in their chamber of origin) March 8: Bills must pass chamber of origin
- *March 29: Bills must pass policy committee (in opposite chamber)*
- April 4: Bills must pass fiscal committee (in opposite chamber)
- April 12: Bills must pass opposite chamber
- April 23: Last day of session
Bill Status Guide:
- “In committee” means the bill has been introduced in a committee
- “In committee” (green text) means the bill is alive in a policy, fiscal, or rules committee and still appears to be on track (based on cut-off dates)
- “In committee” (red text) means that the bill is stuck in a policy, fiscal, or rules committee, is likely dead, and won’t progress (based on cut-off dates)
Are you a young person who wants to dig deeper into education advocacy?
Visit our new Youth Advocacy Hub for ideas, resources, and information on how to engage with legislation in Olympia this session.
Bills that League of Education Voters is Watching Closely
Below are some bills of interest introduced this session. They are organized by priority areas in LEV’s 2023 Legislative Platform.
Below are education-related bills that have been introduced in the House.
Below are education-related bills that have been introduced in the Senate.
See our Bill Tracker from the 2022 Legislative Session
Love what we do? Support our work
Want to find out the latest in education news in Washington? Subscribe to our newsletter
Want to learn more about League of Education Voters? Find out here