League of Education Voters Foundation (LEV Foundation) is a 501(c)3 charitable organization that provides strategic, accurate, and timely information about research-driven education policies and practices to citizens, educators, policymakers, and the media. We partner with community-based organizations to educate parents and community members about how they can improve public education systems in their communities and across the state.
Our programs include coalition building, grassroots organizing, training, policy research, and analysis. We work to improve opportunities for every public school student in the state, and especially, students and families who are historically underserved and disproportionately affected by failing systems.
Our vision is that every student in Washington state has access to an excellent public education that provides the opportunity for success.
To achieve this vision, the LEV Foundation will have the will, courage, and commitment to:
- Advocate for effective reforms and ample, equitable, and stable revenue to support a high-quality public education system in Washington state.
- Work across sectors to mobilize families, businesses, youth, educators, communities, and other stakeholders to advocate for high-quality, fully-funded, and equitable education.
- Provide stakeholders, policymakers, and the media with strategic, accurate, and timely information about public education in Washington state.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand and remove the systemic barriers to each student’s success within the public education system.
- Highlight research-driven and promising educational practices that prepare students to reach their full potential and contribute meaningfully to our democracy and economy.
At the LEV Foundation, we base our work on the following values:
- Students are First
We are focused first and foremost on meeting the needs of all students.
We believe in an equitable public education system and acknowledge that students have different levels of assets and needs. All students should get what they need to be successful. Some will need more resources.
- Teachers and Leaders Matter
Having quality teachers and leaders positively impacts student outcomes. We endorse quality education, training, support, and evaluation as well as ample, equitable, and stable resources to pay for them.
- Families are Important
Family engagement is essential to student success. We seek to partner with families to identify barriers and formulate solutions. We support family outreach programs and work with families to organize themselves to advocate for their children.
Everybody has to be held accountable—including LEV board and staff, students, teachers, families, legislators, and policymakers. Failing to act, relinquishing responsibility, and blaming others is not acceptable.
We know that we cannot do this work by ourselves; we are most effective when we work with others toward common solutions, when we share credit for accomplishments, and when we focus on our goals.
Education is not a partisan issue; it is the paramount duty of our state government. Therefore, we are not allied with any political party but are an independent organization that focuses on research-driven practices.
More About LEV Foundation